Watson-Forsberg is currently seeking an experienced Corporate Controller to join our team.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Watson-Forsberg provides general contracting services to corporate, government and institutional clients throughout the Upper Midwest. The Minneapolis-based firm has a broad range of experience and expertise in historic rehab, commercial, worship, and multi-family housing construction.
Watson-Forsberg has a tradition of excellence and is a diverse professional construction services organization that delivers honesty, integrity and flexibility to achieve clients’ project objectives.
Watson-Forsberg offers career growth, employee ownership opportunities, a competitive base salary, medical and dental plans, paid vacation days and holidays, learning and development opportunities, annual incentive bonus, 401(k) plan and profit sharing plan.
Responsibilities: This position directs financial and administrative activities of the Watson-Forsberg organization. The corporate controller’s responsibilities include identifying, evaluating and establishing economic objectives and developing/implementing plans that achieve those objectives. The position ensures integrity of financial data and provides financial reporting statistics, evaluation and analysis for Watson-Forsberg management. These responsibilities require the position to work effectively with owners, other senior management, outside auditors, corporate council, and the company’s financial institutions.
- Minimum of seven years related experience and/or training. Or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with SAGE accounting software.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required; Master of Business Administration/Finance preferred and/or CPA/CMA preferred.
- Experience must have included supervising others.
- Experience must include proficiency on Microsoft (word/excel) applications.
- Manages and supervises other employees assigned to this title.
- Establishes or recommends major economic objectives and policies for Watson-Forsberg.
- Prepares reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and its financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Ensures integrity of financial data.
- Manages and maintains accounting system integration throughout the business.
- Leads and directs preparation of department budgets.
- Advises management about potential business opportunities.
- Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Arranges for audits of company’s accounts
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Maintains strong relationships with business advisers to facilitate knowledge sharing.
To learn more about Watson-Forsberg, we invite you to explore Watson-Forsberg’s website at www.watson-forsberg.com. For immediate consideration please forward résumé’, project list, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watson-Forsberg, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job posted 9/20/2018