The Twin Cities Chapter of CFMA has been a long-time supporter of the CCIFP designation. In keeping with our commitment for continued support of the designation as well as the professional development of our members, we are excited to announce that we will be providing a scholarship opportunity to support our members who wish to pursue the Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP) designation.
About the CCIFP® Designation
The Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional provides the construction industry with a third-party verification of an individual’s knowledge - essential to ethical financial management in the industry's complex environment.
The CCIFP designation:
- Demonstrates commitment to excellence in construction industry financial management, and dedication to continuing education and quality improvement
- Establishes our profession as having, valuing and maintaining the highest possible standards of knowledge, competence and ethical behavior – as high as any other profession on which business and the public rely
- Sets our profession apart as one with its own unique skill set and body of knowledge, a level of attainment over and above that of financial generalists
- Promotes the spread of best practices throughout financial managers within the construction industry
- Better prepares both firms and individuals for meeting the challenges ahead as information moves more quickly and construction industry financial management becomes more complex
- Gives certified persons a powerful edge in an increasingly competitive industry and marketplace
To be eligible for certification, individuals must meet the formal education and/or experience requirements and successfully complete the CCIFP Exam. The exam tests the professional’s knowledge in the area of accounting and reporting, income recognition, IT, taxes, HR, legal budgeting and planning, and risk management.
Beginning in 2017, the CCIFP exam is now administered on an on-demand basis utilizing one of hundreds of testing centers throughout the country.
For more information about the CCIFP designation, eligibility or testing, please visit: http://www.iccifp.org/
About the Scholarship
The Twin Cities Chapter of CFMA is offering a scholarship to provide for the reimbursement of up to $350 of the costs associated with the initial credentialing for candidates wishing to obtain the certification. In order to be eligible, applicants must:
- Be member of the Twin Cities Chapter of CFMA in good standing.
- Complete and submit the scholarship application no later than September 30, 2017.
- Successfully complete the CCIFP examination prior to March 31, 2018
- Provide necessary documentation evidencing the successful completion of the ICCIFP examination between July 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018.
The chapter has allocated funds for up to 10 scholarship participants. Upon receipt of the application, the candidate will be advised of their eligibility and approval for participation in the program within 10 business days. Applications will be evaluated in the order they are received. The determination of approval provided by Chapter Management will be final.
Completed applications should be returned to:
Education Committee, CFMA – Twin Cities Chapter
1027 W. Roselawn Avenue, Roseville, MN 55113.
To obtain an application form, click here.
Please contact Jason Bakke at 612-376-4638 or by email at Jason.Bakke@CLAconnect.com if you have any questions.